Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder

Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder

The symptoms of ADHD need to be present in two or more settings such as at home and at school. Through a face-to-face assessment, a Pathways licensed counselor can help parents sift through behaviors and symptoms to determine if ADHD is present or if other behavioral or emotional problems appear more prevalent. If medication is warranted, your child or teen therapist will assist you in a referral for a medication evaluation from a psychiatrist or other medical doctor. It is not uncommon for other diagnoses such as , or to accompany a diagnosis of ADHD.

Follow the link to learn more about our ADHD testing in Golden Valley, Elk River, and Rochester

Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder can include symptoms such as:

Difficulty sustaining attention

Not following through on instruction

Lack of organization
Losing things
Fidgeting with hands or feet
Leaving one’s seat at school
Running or climbing excessively
Blurting out
Excessive interrupting

What should I do?

For children, teachers and the school may be a great resource to establish a diagnosis and get a referral for professional help. Adults may go to their general practitioner and explain their symptoms.
Pathways can help with ADD/ADHD issues in both children and adults, and you may contact us for assistance. Call us , Email us or  Contact Us   to request an appointment. Day and evening counseling sessions are available, and we would be happy to answer all of your questions.