Anxiety for Children & Teens
Children and teens are not immune to anxiety. Sometimes anger or defiance are the presenting issues parents see most in a child struggling with anxiety. A Pathways Psychological Services child psychologist or teen counselor can help assess your child’s struggles and develop a plan for addressing the underlying issues.
One or more of these signs may be present
Intense and chronic worry
Loss of appetite
Stomachaches and headaches
Rapid heartbeat and shaking
How do I know if A CHILD IS suffering from anxiety?
- Does the child have trouble sleeping?
- Does she have trouble taking tests even though she is smart and seems to know the material?
- Does she have frequent Stomachaches and headaches?
- Does she complain that she is nervous or look physically anxious much of the time?
- Does she seem to overreact to stressors or worry about them for an extended period?
If you answered yes to two or more questions, this might indicate that there is a problem. Pathways can help get to the root of the problem and determine if child anxiety is present.
What should I do?
Pathways can help children with anxiety issues. Please Call us , Email us or Contact Us to request an appointment. Day and evening counseling sessions are available, and we would be happy to answer all of your questions.